Problem with British Gas Smart Linked Thermostat

I had one of these systems installed in 2012, and it was subsequently migrated to the Hive network. I am having a problem with the portable thermostat. The battery indicator is flashing permanently, even after replacing the batteries with a new (and tested) set. The batteries are also definitely inserted the right way round! The thermostat will also no longer control the heating system

- I can adjust the temperature up or down to extremes but it never transmits to the receiver. So for example if I set the temperature to 30 degrees I would expect a flame icon to appear on the thermostat after a minute or so, but it never does. Any ideas??

Reply to
itm

Does it need pairing like Bluetooth?

Reply to
Rob Morley

itm formulated the question :

It sounds as if the pairing has failed and needs to be re-paired. Is there a push button marked something like 'pair' on the unit?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield