Primer/undercoat/topcoat

I've just painted my new shed with primer. Would you recommend using an undercoat next, or going straight to the required topcoat?

Thanks,

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message news:1irxqqw.1ajy25ebues1tN% snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk...

Assuming the shed is outside, and you want the finish to last, I suggest you follow the paint manufacturer's recommendations. Which, for most paints, includes undercoat.

Edward

Reply to
Edward

PRIMER=what will key to te subsrte and seal it and key to teh paint UNDERCOAT=where most of the pigmentaton normally resides TOPCOAT= a surface more or less resiastant to whatever it is you want it to be resistant to.

Now many paint do two or three of those functions. exterior emulsion comes to mind.

So its really down to the paint formulation itself. consult manufacturer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher