Primer/undercoat/topcoat

I've just painted my new shed with primer. Would you recommend using an undercoat next, or going straight to the required topcoat?
Thanks,
Daniele
message

Assuming the shed is outside, and you want the finish to last, I suggest you follow the paint manufacturer's recommendations. Which, for most paints, includes undercoat.
Edward
D.M. Procida wrote:

PRIMER=what will key to te subsrte and seal it and key to teh paint UNDERCOAT=where most of the pigmentaton normally resides TOPCOAT= a surface more or less resiastant to whatever it is you want it to be resistant to.
Now many paint do two or three of those functions. exterior emulsion comes to mind.
So its really down to the paint formulation itself. consult manufacturer.