Premium bonds

just found two £10 premium bonds taken out in 1981 is there an EASY way of finding out if they have ever won anything?

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

If NS&I have know your address since then you will have received any prizes in the post.

Create on line account and see if you have any unclaimed prizes. Somehow I doubt it, but you never know

Reply to
Andrew

Some say that you should cash in after 5 years and get some newer ones. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I just did that won loads to start with then not a lot...it is a fiddle random my arse

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

And what is the logic behind that?

Reply to
alan_m

it is not random it is a fiddle

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

wummin that held them is long dead

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

Easy or hard is up to you.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

hard

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

could try that

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

the wummins dead thirty years...

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

There is no evidence that makes any difference and the new ones won't be in the draw until one month after the end of the month they are bought in. The way to get regular wins is to have lots of them.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

The odds of winning are stacked against you - with two bonds you can expect, on average, a win every 2000 years.

Reply to
alan_m

correction: 1000 years

Reply to
alan_m

I don't think you can even buy small numbers any more. The friends I was talking about had a couple of thousand pounds worth both old then new. I did say it was anecdotal. But randomness is improvable, so how you find out can only be t through statistics. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So does that mean if you actually live to 2000 years there is a higher real chance? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I took out £15k and won a load of small prizes...to begin with...why I think it is a fiddle

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Nope, odds don't work like that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bollocks. The bond numbers that win are published every month so you can do your own analyses on them. If you have bonds that win you can check the numbers appear in the published results. If you have friends with bonds and they happen to win you can ask them to check their numbers are in the published lists.

It's not rocket science.

Reply to
mm0fmf