Pre-Pay service electronic keys?

I'm on 11.93p/kWhr 11.025p/day with Utility Point. She really needs to have a preety good idea of her consumption. If it's low it can be worth looking at the "no standing charge" tariffs (EBICO for one?). You pay a bit more for the energy but can save a lot on the standing charge.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice
<snip>

I understand they are, yes.

Ok.

Understood. Though if it's just the FF on and 20 quid credit, that should last over a month.

I'm not sure where we are with all that. What I do know though is the flat was rented and daughter just took over the rental agreement so that may not be an issue as such.

All the services / BB are now in daughters name and she is now officially at that address. She didn't actually move out of here as such, just stepped up when her sister was diagnosed with cancer and promised to try to do the best for / with her daughter.

Whilst not on a bad wage herself, it's only just enough to cover the main costs but more than means she gets any help at all (apart from child allowance). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thanks for the feedback Dave, I'll look into it with her.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Why would you leave a freezer in a probate property full of food?

I assure you, it's a real turn off to prospective purchasers

tim

Reply to
tim...

currently paying Unit rate 12.115p per kWh Standing charge 11.024p per day but fix comes to an end in August.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Because you don't have space in your freezer at home and you're eating it slowly?

It's okay as long as the freezer's still running...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

but if the house is being left empty

who's there to eat it?

and as long as it obvious to prospective purchasers that it will be emptied

tim

Reply to
tim...

Thanks for that Andy.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

more to the point

the opportunity to fix at that prices ended last August (or even the August before)

Utility prices have increased considerably in the past 12/24 months and any price available from 12 months ago is not available now (even for the remaining period of the fix)

Partly because the cap has stopped the companies from using people who don't switch subsidies those who do

which FTAOD I consider a very good thing

tim

Reply to
tim...

Nobody has been cheaper (for me) than UtilityPoint for the past year, they are now offering a 15 month fix with £60 combined cancellation fees

Unit rate 13.74p per kWh Standing charge 13.87p per day

or an 18 month fix with no cancellation fees (their default)

Unit rate 13.97p per kWh Standing charge 13.87p per day

For the extra fiver, I'll probably drop onto the default tariff and see if anything cheaper comes along ... e.on seems to be edging closer recently (disregarding outfox as I'd never trust them).

Reply to
Andy Burns