Water softener and green seepage

Since having a water softener installed, some of the Yorkshire fittings***** have a green powdery leakage.
Clearly, the nuts on the fittings need to be nipped up again, but is the greenness indicative of a high rate of corrosion in the system due to the salt, or is it just a reaction to the air once it had seeped?
***** had previously fitted new taps myself; obviously a plumber would have done it with all soldered connections if only to make things difficult for amateur plumbers in the future?
On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:19:01 +0100, Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs

Water softeners do not introduce salt (NaCl) into the water pipework.

Oh yes they do!!
Or at least my last one did. They should rinse out any free salt, but if the timing is out or the device isn't plumbed in correctly salt can enter the users system.
I seem to recollect that there are variations of the reagant available if dialasys patients or people on low salt diets are end users of the water.
I like the term "crumpable olive" incidentally. One of those little gems that does sound so much more adequate than a mere "compressable" conveys.
AB
On 07/07/2019 14:07, Peter Parry wrote:

No, but what they do do over time is descale the pipes Allowing micro leaks
--
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."