Potterton Suprima room sealed

A recent BG inspection for one of these showed the following Landlord's Inspection Detail Report anomaly.

"Boiler Ventilation satisfactory?" "No."

As this is, I believe, a balanced flue type boiler and mounted in a draughty Victorian loft space, can someone explain what the supposed problem is thought to be?

For the previous 3 years, the inspection did not make this claim! The BG customer checklist/explanation form was, of course, supplied completely blank to the householder.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

If it's anything like my loft, this might be a reference to clutter around the boiler.

Mike

Reply to
mheden

Yes the boiler is room sealed so no ventilation is required for combustion air. However the installation manual clear states (it's a PDF so I can't cut and paste it here).

....cupboard must be suitable for this purpose...

which means that quite substantial clearances are needed for the 30,40 &

50 models - but no extra vents.

or small clearances (15mm) but substantial vents are needed but small clearances. The 60 model needs nearly 200cm2 top and bottom.

This boiler is only semi "cupboard friendly".

Did the fitter issue a GA02 (Danger/Risk notice)?

I may be wrong but I would do an AR notice for this and ID if the cupboard was suffering from the heat. But if the cupboard could be made compliant that would be my first choice.

Reply to
Ed Sirett