Potterton Suprima (Longish)

Potterton Suprima

Today I noticed a lot of noise coming from the system and on investigation decided it was an air lock in the pump.

At the to p of the boiler there is a Flow pipe with a drain valve and then the flow pipe continues to the supply tank with a branch as overflow / vent.

The other pipe is the return and this has what look's like a bleed valve but I am not sure.

In an attempt to loose the air in the system I tried to open the bleed valve but was unsure so opened the drain valve in the flow pipe.

Nothing came out at all !

I ended up by bleeding a radiator. This solved the problem of the noise in the pump.

Unfortunately now the boiler does not work.

It fires for 30 seconds and then shuts down.

I think this must be due to there not being enough water in the heat exchanger.

So how do I prime the boiler ?

In theory the water should just run in from the storage tank

Any ideas please.

Reply to
Charles Holder

I am contemplating cutting the overflow / vent in loft. Pouring water down into the system and then re fit the pipe with a straight coupling.

Reply to
Charles Holder

Try

which has a download of the user guide and the installation guide

Angela

Reply to
A K

Is there water in the feed tank?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes. Its a bit of a poser. Therte must be a blockage ! May try and clear it with a little bit of pressure.

Reply to
Charles Holder