Potterton Suprima 40 HT lead

Doh!

After suffering for a few days trying to find a solution to my problem (boiler cuts flames after approx 3 seconds then goes through complete sequence again, lighting flames, cutting flames, etc) I finally came to the conclusion that it must be the HT lead. I had a look and measured the resistance: 4.6K instead of the 10K quoted previously in this newsgroup. Had a gentle wiggle about with it, but it turned out a fatal mistake, it was very brittle at one of the ends and now the boiler won't light at all! :/

So the question is, where can I obtain a new HT lead? I live in Bucks and work in London, so any shops I can walk into tomorrow is a big plus, otherwise it will have to be online.

Yours freezing (and smelly in a few days)

Q.

Reply to
quinten.uijldert

Ren

Mine did that - the problem was that the balanced flue cage was covered by a piece of fallen timber - i.e. it may not be just the HT lead - it could be the CO2 sensor or a flue problem.

Having said that, mine is an oil fired unit, so the system may not work in the same way as a gas unit.

Never the less, this may help.

Ren.

Reply to
Ren