Potterton Suprima Boiler

Yep I know it's a common question! Having spent all evening reading ol

threads on this forum and experimenting on my boiler I'm closer t knowing what the problem is, however I've not solved it!

My situation is as follows: Boiler lights ok initially and all is good. After 5 minutes or so a loud clicking/rattle is heard and the boile goes out. The boiler retrys. Sometimes it relights. Other times it won't and i shutsdown. After a reset it sometimes goes and sometimes doesn't.

I've checked the heat sensor and it is 1MOhm as it should be. Th overheat sensor is a few milliohms.

Now I recon it's a problem with either the PCB, or the gas valve. Th rattle is definately coming from the valve. Unloaded the DC voltag driving the valve is 300 ish Volts. With the valve connected, then i is 206/207/208V (a bit low?). The valve resistance is 1442 Ohms (a bi low?). My theory is that the voltage is only just enough to hold th solenoid open. If it drops a bit then the solenoid rattles back an forth not fully energised. I've checked the PCB for dry joints an resoldered all the joints between the valve connection and the main input, but that didn't help.

Anyone got any suggestions what could be my problem?

Thanks,

Gar

-- GaryEwer

Reply to
GaryEwer

There are many common ways for the PCB to play up on these boilers. Thus the standard procedure is to change the board _first_ on these models and then see what other symptoms are left.

Reply to
Ed Sirett