Posting a photo

I amy trying to start a new topic incorporating a photo. The instructions in the online help say that it has to be emailed to the group email address, but I can't find that anywhere I know it can be done 'cause others have.

Help!

TIA

Reply to
DavidW

Try using this and posting the link:

mojo

I have a photo store/share facility on Yahoo, Maybe I can use that

Reply to
DavidW

If it's simply to show some DIY image for discussion then just post it somewhere public and then publish the link to the photo in your discussion. Tinypic is good as you don't need to sign up or anything just upload a file of aunder a limit (250kb) and you get a link back that anyone can view. Really quick and easy.........

You could of course use your own file share if you like.......

Reply to
mojo

Newsgroups don't have email addresses. Are you perhaps thinking of a mail-to-news gateway?

Please. Posting binaries (photos) in non-binary groups (ones that do not have the word "binaries" in their names) is frowned upon.

Reply to
Huge

Are you sure you are reading about this group and not something like a Yahoo or MS group?

Reply to
EricP

|I amy trying to start a new topic incorporating a photo. The |instructions in the online help say that it has to be emailed to the |group email address, but I can't find that anywhere I know it can be |done 'cause others have.

uk.* are text only newsgroups so photos are not allowed, Worse some newsservers throw away posts with attachments.

If you want to show something, put it on the web on one of the free photo places, and post the URL.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I'm trying Tinypic. Which address format do I use? There are 3.

Reply to
DavidW

You just browse for the photo on you computer, add a title if required, upload, view the photo and copy and paste the link in the address bar to the discussion......

Reply to
mojo

I dumped my photo on tinypics.com and then tried inserting the given URL in a post to this news group. But when I previewed the post, the URL wasn't in blue and underlined. Is this to be expected?

Reply to
DavidW

You cannot post pics to a text only server.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jusat tried doing that and mine showed up green and underlined . The colour difference will be down to my options .Just post it and see what happens .

Use the last choice in tinypic ..the one that starts http

Reply to
Stuart

Thanks guys

Reply to
DavidW

That is the right way to do it.

Depends, what did you preview it in?

Some newsreaders will attempt to recognise what could be URLs in the text and make them clickable, some don't. However it is nothing that you can control, since it comes down to the software the reader of the message is using, not the poster.

Reply to
John Rumm

This is not a bad thing. It would be worse if they all didn't.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It does ??????

can't see any message with a link to a pic in it yet !!!

Reply to
Stuart

Tinypic seems easy to use but how do you keep track of what you've uploaded without registration?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Exactly ...and how can you delete anything you have posted .Presumably you can't . I'd use Photobucket and it's the same company anyway

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart