Possibly OT computer replacement

Quite. Like PhotoShop and so on. The sort of prog which you can copy across freely can also be downloaded again for free. So hardly worth the effort of copying.

I'm quite meticulous about keeping the details of things I've paid good money for. But even things like the free Open Office won't allow you to copy it over.

Yes - although it's usually not a problem to get Windows reactivated if it thinks you've moved it. Provided it is your own bought copy. Dunno about the pre-loaded versions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Payware has its place for the odd app for some people, but for nearly all apps now you're better off with freeware. Payware is in most cases just pointless.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

What cheaper/free way is there to get 5Tb of online storage than to buy Office 365?

Reply to
dennis

ll apps now you're better off with freeware. Payware is in most cases just pointless.

Free 1TB I think I have unlimted storage on flickr for £25 every 2 years , they havent chrged me for 3 years as they screwed up thebcard number and emaile d me saying don;t worry until the next time you need to renew.

Reply to
whisky-dave