Possible air lock

Recently the flow of my hot water appears to be getting weaker, more noticeable when having a shower and if I turn on one of my taps the water occasionally spurts into action.

I only have 3 sets of taps within the house all on the ground floor and within 20 feet of each other, in case it helps.

Presumably this is the signs of an air lock? If so does anyone know of how I can remove it? Is there a simple way?

Many thanks for your help.

Reply to
CJC

If you have a gravity feed system with a header tank and an overflow pipe, then connect a hose between hot and cold taps an turn on until the overflow runs.

Often this is most easily done at the washing machine using one of the hoses.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it's my first property and haven't lived there long so not 100% on the set up, so I'll probably be best to pay someone to sort it out.

Many thanks for your help

Reply to
CJC

What a brilliant idea! Thanks Bob.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I aim to please Dave!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm sure I've done this before now just by holding the palm of my hand under a mixer tap and turning both taps on. Have I just been lucky?

Am I right that that should not work for a kitchen tap, because the hot and cold water is kept separate right up to the exit point of the spout, but it might work for a bath tap?

Reply to
GB

The reccommended method for a monoblock mixer is to undo the screw holding the spout & remove it, then hold a cloth over the hole.

I have successfully held a cloth under the spout in the past. Bob's method seems great - provided you have a washing machine with h0t & cold fill.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman