popcorn and car tv ads

I know which car company it is but do not wish to give thrm free publicity. but WTF has that fool playing with a pop corn machine got to do with selecting a car brand?

Reply to
fred

they have run out of ideas speshly for elecric cars

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

They are comparing reliability, with similar machines.

Reply to
jon

Yeah, all they make, is basic grocery-getters.

Who the hell wants to be limited to only 285 MPH ?

*******

You can't get groceries in one of these, the wheels are too small. People will laugh at your wheel-choice.

It doesn't even have mirrors.

Even the waste basket is digital.

Honda e £27,160 Nissan Leaf (£26,845) Renault Zoe (£26,495) VW e-up! (£20,555) Seat Mii Electric (£19,800) ... yet manage to last around 140 miles on a single charge.

Paul

Paul

Reply to
Paul

What have apparently mentally subnormal Afro Caribbeans dancing about got to do with selling a car?

The impression that advert gives to me is that the company involved is looking for gullible idiots and thinks that group of people are overrepresented by black people.

Fucking racists.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wrong advertisement, don't think there has been a token black in this one.

Reply to
jon

Oh, I wasn't commenting on the utterly vapid popcorn advert. More on the utter vapidity of [car] adverts in general.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They’re attempting to illustrate the “vehicle to load” capability of their vehicles. Ie. You can plug mains appliances into them.

The fact that this isn’t clear is an indication of the quality of the ad.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I agree they are all silly.....I suppose they use silliness to capture the memory.

Reply to
jon

The general rule of thumb is that if you can't work out what an advert is selling, it's either a car or a soft drink.

Reply to
Joe

Frankly m8, I cant work out what most adverts are selling. Except mattresses and cremations.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This is to give some idea how ambitious they are, on powering other things. You would expect "trucks for trades" to have a more generous set of outlets.

On the Ioniq, there's some conversion device available (perhaps third party) that allows the car to charge another car. But the battery isn't big enough to transfer a significant percentage that way. You need to leave enough juice in the battery to get home, for the car doing the charging.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

indeed

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

There are some adverts at the moment who seem not to want to sell what ever they are selling to blind people. For example there is one which starts meet my boyfriend Jake and he introduces himself in an American accent, then somebody asks what he has on his feet, and he says flowers, and then a lady says ohh you are a plant guy, resting bun face back there like plants too, then another American says, grab some pruners lets prune and then there is a jingle and it ends. At no time is there any identification of a company in audio. I picked it as it sounded like some kind of animation considering the weird voices, but what the heck is it about? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

People don't drive around in vending machines, at least I've not encountered any who do. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The voice-over for the EE advert has a deep merrican accent, they must think it gives authority, same as the Numan erectile dysfunction pills.

Reply to
jon

I do find that stereotypes abound today. If you are blind for instance you are stupid or perhaps deaf as well. There is a lack of thought process in almost everyone you encounter, I find. I don't care what words they use for severely sight impaired etc, but I do care about the underlying assumptions that blindness means more than not being able to see, whether its the person who thinks blind people cannot be parents or be allowed out on their own, or the continual offers of help when at that point you don't need it and its never offered when you do. Its society and its design that makes us disabled, not the blindness, and some simple design decisions made would suit all. 1. Do not make point of sale devices with touch screens that offer no feedback

2 do not run active cycleways across the side of a bus stop where passengers alight 3 Always keep 1.4M clear in front of any shop, even if you have outside tables. 4 Make side roads and crossings have a ramp and a tactile delineators, so guide dogs and cane users can detect them. Too many completely flat footways crossing a road usually ends up in collisions with cars.

I could go on about domestic appliance design and lots of other stuff, but I won't. Suffice to say that people who have to use wheelchairs are forever finding isles for checkouts are too narrow and lift controls in building are out of reach. This should not be happening any more than completely unusable web sites that look good but are a pain to actually navigate. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its not either of those, one is Kevin Bacon and the other one about erectile disfuntion and the blood tests for everything etc, is a well known one but at least both say what they are advertising, unlike the one I mentioned. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There are many adverts that are so arty farty that even sighted people don't know what they are selling.

There are also the small print disclaimers at the bottom of the screen that may just say it will cost you £1500 just for the advice if you want to take the equity from your house, or when they mention that 8 out of ten cat owners said something the sample size was actually less than 100.

What you miss being blind is that the boyfriend with the floral shoes is completely covered head to foot in plant tattoos. It's meant to be a humorous advert for some sweets that are a (American) Smarties knock off. Humour in adverts tends to to be a bit counter productive when the advert is repeated so often.

I tend these days when watching live tv to actually pause my PVR at the start of a program, go away and make a cup of tea etc. and then come back and watch what is being recorded - jumping through the adverts.

Reply to
alan_m

Token American - they will be accused of discrimination otherwise. Very much like the blind woman advertising hair colour - who the hell told her that colour suited her?

Some adverts are so obviously dubbed. This often happens when after the initial launch of a long advert they drastically shorten it for subsequent broadcast. They have to re-voice what is being said in the shortened version to mention the product name or what it does.

Reply to
alan_m