Polysulphide Sealant

I need to seal around a stainless steel gas hob on a black worktop and I'm also putting in an order to Toolstation. Would

do the job? It appears to be the only black sealant they stock.

You won't find polysulphide acceptable as a sealant for use in kitchens. It has the wrong consistency, it's very difficult to get a smooth finish because it sticks like glue to the tools and it has a burnt hair/bad eggs smell to it because of the sulphur content. It also takes a long time to cure compared to silicone sealant.

Why not look at Screwfix? They have black silicone sealant for £1.76 a tube.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thanks, I'll give that a miss then.

I was hoping to use Toolstation as I had an order worth free delivery. Screwfix is a 15 mile round trip... Looks like I'll be making the trip.