Sealant Guns

I'm looking to buy meself a decent sealant gun. I've had a look around the PC Cox site and decided I'll prolly go for one of these

has some good reviews including this one "It does the job with a nice smooth action and minimal overflow once the trigger has been released. The swivel action of the main body of the gun is nice rather than having to turn the cartridge."

I've also seen this description "Professional rotating caulking gun. Seal tight corners without breaking the bead".

How does that work then? What is this swivel action?

I thought sealant guns were all the same, but they come with different trigger ratios apparently, 7-1 on the basic, 12-1 on the one above, 18-1 &

25-1. A better trigger ratio would help with the 'hand ache' on bigger jobs - but does it give a more continuous bead?
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The only one I ever tried and thought "that's a delight", was a cordless powered one at a trade show.

Far too expensive for something I don't use a lot of, I can't actually remember what make it was.

But I do remember it had the brains to pull the plunger back a couple of notches after you released the trigger, cutting down the slow, dribbly, over-squirt problem.

Reply to
dom

I recently used a HILTI resin fixed system that came with that type of gun .... great to use.

Many rave about the DURGO gun .......

never used refillable units, found it OK on silicone & caulk but it struggled on stiffer products ... tube pops off the gun.

Reply to
Rick Hughes