Pocket LED torch...

Same here. I find RM to be excellent around here (folkestone). DHL aren't bad either.

Again, Citylink is good around here, in fact, I'd probably say it's my prefered option. Can't say I agree about their tracking though - a TV they delivered a couple of months ago is still in swansea according to their tracking

Yep, never had anything go missing but for randomness they win!

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Heh, sounds familiar. A colleague at work had something delivered worth 30 quid. A couple of weeks later a bill turned up for nearly 30 quid tax.

When questioned they claimed they didn't know the value of the parcel so just charged an average and that it would all work out over several parcels!

He ignored it and in the end they agreed to waive the charge "this time".

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Yes, but what on earth would you use them for? Inflicting pain on some poor unfortunate?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I am not spending £xx on couriering a letter to mummy when RM will get it there for ?37p.

And don't mention email - she still has problems with lightswitches.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You can get Welsh language keyboards and even Windows supports them these days - with proper keys for diacritical W and Y.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Andy will go round and show her how

Reply to
geoff

Yes, but my mother doesn't support either Welsh or Windows.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But I don't speak enough Cymraeg

Reply to
Andy Hall

Never thought of encouraging her to join a local silver surfers activity?

Reply to
Andy Hall

You can learn ... while you're teaching her how to use her computer

Reply to
geoff

Is that Welsh for 'bollocks'? :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No it's Welsh for Welsh.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Neither does she.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Peter Parry saying something like:

That poor sod was probably getting paid 50p to deliver your parcel.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Mine turned up this morning.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

The message from "dennis@home" contains these words:

And you've got to be very careful about how you pay it. Attempts to pay it through their automated system frequently result in your card being debited but the goods not released because though they collect your money they don't record it as collected.

Reply to
Appin

I import a lot of items and have found Royal Mail (actually Parcelforce International, who do all their customs clearance) very fair. Their clearance charges are always the lowest, often as a low as a third or even a quarter of the charges levied by UPS or FedEx on comparable items.

However, they have managed to "lose" an item which got sent back to the USA without Parcelforce ever even attempting to deliver it. It languished in a depot 17 miles from my home for four weeks, and was then sent back by surface mail.

I eventually obtained compensation from the US Postal Service. :-(

Reply to
Bruce

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce saying something like:

My experience in Ireland is much the same. UPS and Fedex are sods for ferreting out parcels that will attract duty then imposing an unreasonable charge for collecting the duty. I've also found the normal postal service is by far and away much better to deal with - if it's an item below x-value, they simply don't bother with duty and there's a favourable lottery if your higher-value goods will be bothered with too, so it's all good.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon