Plumbing Regulations wiki

I couldnt find anything about plumbing regulations in the wiki so i tried to add a section on regulations but the page is locked
then i hacked something into the end of
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Plumbing_Links
but theres probably a more elegant way of adding links to regulations and better places to link to...
[george]
george (dicegeorge) wrote:

ps it seems that most (if not all) of the links at http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title tegory:Links_Pages are internal links, is there a bibliography of links to websites and books elsewhere?
[g]

That page lists the links articles by category, and in those articles more or less all links are external. So I'm not really sure what you mean.
NT
NT wrote:

I was looking for ainfo about cold water plumbing and regulations in the wiki but couldnt find them so tried to insert some ...
[g]
george (dicegeorge) wrote:

Why not create a new article called Plumbing Regulations or something similar?
If you need an account setup, drop me an email with a preferred username and password and I will create one for you.
--
Cheers,

John.

Re: Plumbing Regulations wiki
the page i tried to put it on was locked...
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title tegory:Plumbing
John Rumm wrote:

george (dicegeorge) wrote:

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Regs
[g]
george (dicegeorge) wrote:

Yup feel free to add to that - again you need to login first.
--
Cheers,

John.

george (dicegeorge) wrote:

That's a catagory page anyway - you don't usually want content on those (other than a brief intro perhaps) since they are mostly auto-maintained by mediawiki.
Having said that its not locked if you are logged in - its only got a block on unregistered users editing it (as have most established articles).
--
Cheers,

John.

If you want to start a new article, just type your article title into the search box, and it'll come back with a 'You can create this page' message, which you just click.
To get your article to show up on the plumbing catgeory page, include this line at the end of the article: [[Category:Plumbing]]
And if you want to copy any of the wiki formatting in another article, just go to that article and click on 'edit' to see the wikicode that produces the effect. Then click 'cancel' as youre not editing that article.
NT
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:46:41 -0700, NT wrote:

You may find it useful to refer to:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Creating_and_Editing_Articles
and
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Example_article
--
John Stumbles

An atheist is a person with no invisible means of support