Plumbing problem - tap water takes time

I had a leaky hot water tap on a shower, so I replaced the plastic rubber O ring bit inside and this stopped the leak.

But two weeks later (and possibly unrelated) the same tap when you turn it on puts out no water, it takes about 1 minute for water to start coming out.

I am guessing I have a leak in this line. But the pipe goes directly through a solid double concrete wall to the hot water system so there is no access what-so-ever. Because its on the hot water line I can't see my meter moving and I haven't noticed my hot water service filling unusually.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to figure out what is going on?

Reply to
myforwik

Could the o-ring be sticking ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

wrote

If the seal isn't quite right it could be stopping water coming out but not stopping air getting in. Is it possible that the water is draining back towards the source? If so, the delay would be waiting for water to refill the pipe to the tap.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster