Plumb line

Seems to me that'll kill the swing, but not make it hang vertical. If you have a continuous draft or breeze it could easily be off.

But I suppose the 6lb bob will sort that, short of hurricanes.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

It killed the swing and it hung plumb. At the time, I was using it to plumb the shuttering for concrete columns - and after doing first one using the water method on a windy day, I got the site engineer to check it the following day (calm) before pouring the concrete - and it was 'spot-on' in the vertical position.

It did. I knew a very good engineer in a factory that I worked in at the time, and he cast the lead around a threaded brass core and machined the whole lot up on a lathe - and I still have the thing in my toolbox 36 years later along with the same nylon 'string'. Can't use it for plumbing wallpaper though :-)

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Stick the hanger floor on an 'air-bed' Dave. LOL

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

I was a school conker champion once, till someone found out my conkers skin was glued to a lead ball. ;-)

Reply to
George