Plug top electronic transformer

I have an Ikea 12v halogen table lamp. It has a plug top power supply which has died.

I thought it would be easy to locate a plugtop electronic transformer to replace it, but I'm having problems.

Anyone know a source at a reasonable price?

TIA

Reply to
BodgeIt

See Ebay #280540411385; I got two recently and they're fine for just that task. The original coil transformers both failed due to a bulb with a short coil in the filament .

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Rob, thanks a lot for that link. What wattage bulbs are you using them with? My lamp has a 20W bulb and just wondering how long the ebay item will last running close to its max rating. My fried Ikea psu is rated

20-60W
Reply to
BodgeIt