"Plug socket"

Ah, someone with a clue.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Perhaps he had been playing trains with his mate Rod the Mod.

Reply to
Graeme

In message , Tim Streater writes

Railway station most frequently, yes, but bus and police station too.

Well, yes, but if, for example, a pal said I'll meet you by the station, I would just assume railway station. Perhaps I shouldn't. Having said that, I have two pals who are police, and if they suggested meeting by the station, I would assume police station, but only because I know their occupations.

Not trying to argue - just saying that, to me, the station is the railway station if not qualified in some way.

Reply to
Graeme

Oh absolutely. With your two copper pals, the qualification comes from the fact of their being coppers, although they ought really to say police station as they know that you are not a copper.

Anyway - enough of this :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

Its so expensive to buy spare parts.

MY point was simple. 20 years is the expected lifespan of ANY vacuum, not just a DieSoon, and the total lifetime cost of a DieSoon with all the necessary repairs is WAY more then other machines.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I always assumed that the album title referred to radio stations.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I found it odd that so much space was given over to them in a Curries. Must be pretty fast moving to justify that amount of floor space.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could be Tim simply lives in the sticks. A visit to a railway station being the highlight of his year.

If a pal said to me 'I'll meet you at the station' (and it was clear we were going somewhere) I'd still have to ask 'tube or railway'

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

or have a very "good" profit margin.

Reply to
charles

Why yes it is. Gosh Dave I'm impressed by your prescience: today I visited stations at Hythe, Dymchurch, New Romney, and Dungeness. Now you get to explain why it is unlikely that, if you board the train without a ticket, this will be picked up on the train.

I've looked all over Canterbury for the tube station, but without success.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There used to be one in North Lane. The train went to Whitstable!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Before my time old boy.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Checking on our defences against all those nasty Europeans, I assume?

Don't they have miniature conductors too?

In a one horse town everyone knows what that horse is. And explains your little England mentality.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And before mine (well, it closed when I was two).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Went through the place a couple of times circa 1960 when I was about

5, Dad would do a bit of scenuc drive to appease Mother on the way to Dungeness where the firm he worked for was doing some work on the Dungeness A* Power station. They were still building the "New" Lighthouse.

There was a 19th century loco used on the line kept by the side of the road, a quick google shows it is destined for a museum in Canterbury, it left the roadside location sometime ago.

  • I spose it wasn't called A then.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I used to walk past it every morning; it was rusting near the Riding Gate on the edge of Dane John Gardens. No wooden cladding left.

In 1980 it was restored at York Railway Museum (it was the original loco). It's in the Canterbury museum now, but there is a lovely scale replica (2/3 I think) in Whitstable museum. I was there a few weeks ago helping them with some material and memories on the tunnel collapse.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well you'll have to tell us Dave, since I don't know any nasty Europeans, unlike, apparently, you.

Tomorrow my bro and his French wife pitch up here on their way to France. I'll let her know that there is some mad Scotsman called Dave with verbal diarrhoea who would appear to hate foreigners. I expect she'll mutter something about you getting back under your bridge.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Meaning you've been telling porkies in all the countless anti EU posts from you?

And Farage made a big point of having a German wife. As if that would pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice try Dave, but as we all know the EU has nothing to do with European peoples.

You're still a mad Scotsman called Dave with verbal diarrhoea who would appear to hate foreigners.

Reply to
Tim Streater

En el artículo , S Viemeister escribió:

Mine lasted about the same time. Had to chuck it when parts were no longer available (even s/h or pattern)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson