Plastic Rod 9mm dia

I have a toilet seat and cover that are connected by a rod running through them. It is about six inches, say 15cm long.

The original flexible plastic rod broke after 30 years. Th nearest replacement that I could find was acrylic rod.

I have had two so far but they crack after about a year.

I would consider a stainless steel rod if I could get one of those dimensions (150mm by 9mm dia) but would prefer some kind of flexible plastic.

Can anyone recommend a source?

TIA

Reply to
Pinnerite

Nylon or PTFE rod.

Reply to
F Murtz

3/8" is 9.525mm

12" is 304mm

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Acrylic isn't a load bearing material - too brittle.

Nylon rod is a reasonable engineering plastic for that sort of thing. Offcut lengths available on eBay. You may be out of luck though 9mm is not a popular size most stock bar is 8mm or 10mm.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Clive Arthur

That was the most helpful reply. Thank you.

Reply to
Pinnerite