plastic door....s on topic

are are plastic doors prone to expanding and warping in the heat and sun?....can't get mine to close and lock here at the static van in the blazing sun.....anybody else had this problem......only ever had timber and metal doors myself.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yes.

Reply to
Richard

oh right

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Use a hosepipe to cool it.

Buy cheap, buy twice ....

Reply to
Andrew

beg your pardon this was the top of the line Cosalt van.......................years ago...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

that's A lie I cut down under a window and fitted outward opening french doors in brown over 10 years ago....never had a problem with them

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Most definitely, they also creak and groan and the locks wont lock if the door is hot. Bah humbug. I think the problem is metal components and frame and the outer being plastic, the expansion ratios of the materials are different, hence the issue. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)