PINsentry.

Richard

The whole idea of the PIN sentry is security. Be thankful that your bank is not interested in helping. What I could do is provide a service for you where you ping me an email containing your 16 digit number, sort code, account number, CVV number and PIN number and I'll send you a code by return.

Reply to
Richard

RevK has a bare-bones, compile it yourself, command line version

Andy Burns

Oh, I have those :-)

tim

Reply to
tim...

what's an NVI?

and what thing belonging to it did you forget to put in your sentence?

tim

Reply to
tim...

I would hope not as the card PIN and 8 digit number is the ONLY real security in the rather long Barclays online banking login system. Seems I wrong though.

You can access Barclays online banking without the stupid PINsentry device, the other options are there but they push the PINsentry method.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No Value Indicated?

Ist class postage stamps.

Reply to
Richard

The software I linked to still requires your card, PIN and a card reader, it's just that the card reader is one in a PC rather than one in the pinsentry, barclays themselves produce an android app that doesn't need the card or a reader at all.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You can authenticate a connection to your account without a PinSentry, with just the account no, passcode, memorable word and sortcode.

Reply to
mechanic

Also look at Barclayscrape:

mechanic

Email isn't suitable for every communication so we do.

I buy some in when they're about to go up. A reasonable return on my investment each time (especially if I'm using a credit card with a 0% on purchases deal) and I don't have to go out to buy one when I need one.

anymore?

Close enough, "non-value indicator". Instead of being marked with a monetry value, say 67p for the current postage on 1st Class letter, these are just marked with a "1st" indicator and cover the cost of sending a 1st Class letter no matter the actual cost at the time of use.

sentence?

As the context "stamps", specifically "1st" class stamps.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

except that he effectively put stamp's

so be bought stamps's whats?

tim

Reply to
tim...

I can access my NW online ac without the pin machine

but I can't transfer any money to third parties

tim

Reply to
tim...

Exactly Tim. I'm with NW too and I can always get into my account online without PINsentry and some transfers will go through without the PINsentry and then others wont. If all I had to do was to shove a card onto my laptop and drive a GUI to derive the magic 8 digits, and then enter them into the NW website it would be ideal and just as secure.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Lots of re-usable ones available on Fleabay :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Terraced shop ?.

Why do all small shops have to be on the corner ?.

Reply to
Andrew

For the same reason all the streets are high?

Reply to
Richard

They don't, but they are more likely to have access for deliveries if they are.

Reply to
Max Demian

Some now do allow you to take a photo of the cheque and deposit it that way.

Reply to
dkol