PINsentry.

My nearest branch isn't that far away - although not that convenient to get to. But the queues to talk to a human longer than I can be bothered with.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My local branch has got a machine that lets you pay in cheques. So you don't have to queue for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

But who do you send it to?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I thought your mobile phone banking app could do the job of the PINsentry device? Possible to load that on a laptop? I dunno, since I've never found the need to use a phone for banking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can log on just by using either my online banking number and pass number plus my own password, or the details on my debit card plus my own password. Never needed the PINsentry for that.

It's setting up a new payee that needs the PINsentry here. Once you've done it, it remembers it for later.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My account is in an Edinburgh branch, as that's where I originally opened it (and they wouldn't let me transfer it to the one they've just shut). I visited that Edinburgh branch in the West End of Princes Street and the wait was interminable. There are many more machines in the place than staff.

Reply to
S Viemeister

In your case: Santa, North Pole

Reply to
Richard

And for that, the staff are eternally grateful.

Reply to
Richard

as are reusable stamps ;-)

(apparently)

tim

Reply to
tim...

The problem with the PC versions is that the bank need convincing that it is as secure.

They will have no control over how the PC makes sure that your card really is inserted into the PC, there would be lots of opportunity for people to provide hardware spoofs of that happening

tim

Reply to
tim...

Actually they disappear if you haven't used it for a whole year, which is a problem because I pay my accountant annually but there might be a gap of more than 12 months between payments, depending on how tardy I am getting details to him.

Reply to
Andrew

Standard DWDave "get some other mug to do my gogling"....

Reply to
Jim K..

I note your solution was posted early this a.m. Same day 15:30 DW claims he..

"Did eventually get told I can order a new one online."

I think that might be as close to a "DW says thanks" that anyone will ever see...

Reply to
Jim K..

Ah but you had to move ;-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Some better than others ;-)

Shurely there'll be a bus stop for the "old Rover" nearby? Who's really going to be inconvenienced for 10 or 15 minutes?...

Reply to
Jim K..

I've only been in a bank once in 15 years that I recollect & that was cos some twit slipped me an old tenner after they'd changed over.

Good old tinterweb :-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Banking app?

Envelope & stamp?

Reply to
Jim K..

Er.... so change bank to one that does?

Relevance? FFS all you need are envelopes, stamps & a postbox.... are they all 40 miles away too?

Reply to
Jim K..

Yup

Corner shop?