Photocell lights

Are photocell lights or sockets - that turn the lamp off during daylight - still available? I've been looking around for one, but haven't had any luck.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

They used to have Phillips CFL ones with a built in censor, but they were much too bright, and the one I did shell out for did not last very long.

For outdoors I have all my lights running through one of the type of photo switches they use in street lights, and it has not given any trouble in a number of years use. (The kind of switch that is just a small block moulding did not last very long at all, and left even golf ball lamps flicking on and off, so steer clear of them, if you are looking at controlling your outdoor lights.)

Spamlet

I got one a few months ago at B&Q. Bayonet plug at the top, bayonet socket at the bottom, works with a CFL lamp and has been fine since I got it, switching on at dusk and off at daybreak.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Mawson

try putting "day and night sensor socket" or "day and night sensor bulb" into Google. Many positive results.

rusty

Reply to
therustyone