Pest control supplies - cypermethrin

I need to buy some carpet/clothes moth spray and some other items (carpet powder, moth traps etc).

Last time round I bought 5l of cypermethrin-based moth killer from mothkiller.co.uk.

Can you recommend a good supplier/product? Is there something better than cypermethrin?

(I notice that mothkiller.co.uk, pestcontrolsupplies.co.uk, pestcontrolsupermarket.com and pest-expert.com all seem to be the same outfit with multiple different limited companies and brand identities. What, exactly, is the point of that?)

Thanks,

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

D.M. Procida snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

By buying concentrate I chose to make whole house treatements with the residual effect making the traps and other measures redundant.

eg:

or

fred

If a competitor sets up, they don't immediately get half of the google hits?

Reply to
GB

There are many better chemicals. They're now banned.

Reply to
Animal

Of course they are. It's H & S gone mad. If it works, it'll be toxic and unsafe to use; if it doesn't work, it's safe for the public to use.

Often there's only one type of pesticide available for public purchase, with the result that just about everything is resistant to it, or soon will be. With the exception of one neonic, just about all insecticides are pyrethrum-based.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Are you in the UK? Because:

is EU-based...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Give the illusiong of a choice when there is none?

I notice some cheap electronic goods is the same device with different labels. Its nothing new. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The traps are not intended to rid you of the problem but to identify where the problem is located. When I had the problem with moths the traps indicated that it was mainly in one room and possibly some migration to the hallway.

Reply to
alan_m

As was the case a decade or so with a set top box. Branded with 4 different brand names from companies that had long since trading but with 4 different price tags presumably based on how well respected the company brand name was when still trading.

Reply to
alan_m

Isn't there a nematode treatment that eats the grubs from inside?

Reply to
John J

There are nematodes and some bacteria which can be used to kill grubs, etc. But they are very dependent on the weather, particularly the temperature.

Reply to
Jeff Layman