Recommendation for local pest control company

Anyone knows a good reliable pest control company in south Florida (Fort Lauderdale / Miami area)?

I used to hire a family owned company and they service our home for $320.00 per year. This included a once a year inspection for termites, attic dusting and quarterly interior bait treatment. It also include monthly perimeter spray for ants etc... and no charge for in home service whenever needed. I really like the program and they were easy to deal with. Then they got purchased by Sears. Once they became Sears some of the regulars left. Then they no longer come every month. Sometimes 2 month, sometimes no show for 9 weeks and you have to call them. It became "I will come only when you remember to call". Then whenever they come they will try to sell me a termite policy I don't need, but "Oh even though you don't have termites you will sooner or later" or "one day you lean against the wall and the entire wall will collapse" or "if you have ants it indicates you have termites, because termites go after ants and ants go after termites, they are nemesis and they co-exist" I finally got upset and told them to take a hike.

Then I called up another local company and asked for a quote. I told them I want a monthly visit to spray the structure's perimeter, window and doors to stop ants and that is it. The owner said they do not do the perimeter but they can treat my lawn and perimeter both for $300 a year and I agreed. Only it did not seem to do anything to the ants. I have pavement ant problems (always has) and the previous company's monthly treatment was able to keep that under control. Applied every 30 days and I will see no ants. Wait 45 days and I will see them again. So this new company comes once a month and spary my lawn and perimeter and no effect. I decided to use Terro at strategic locations and it worked, for a while. Finally after one year I called him up and told him whatever he sprayed is not working for ants. He said of course not, that was just lawn fertilizer and will only kill critters in the grass that may be harmful to the lawn. He then told me to get rid of the ants he need to use a different chemical to spary the perimeter and that will be $400 a year. I reluctantly agreed. Then a week later the guy showed up and sprayed the same stuff on the lawn, I asked him about it and he told me he was told to spray the same stuff - may be his boss forgot. But he handed me a new invoice with the new price. I told him about what happened, and he called his boss on the cell, "blah blah blah...yes sir yes I will do that". So he hung up and said his boss told him to use a different chemical. He walked back to the truck, I walked back into the house. I looked out the window, he did nothing and used the same spray. By the way my garden hose has a quick release adaptor on it. Each and every time they come they used my hose to fill in their bucket, they had to remove my adapter. Each and every time they either breaks it or toss it aside and my lawn mower will come and chew it up.

I need a reliable pest control company. I am losing my mind. Does someone know a good source?

Thanks in advance,

Sum

Reply to
Sum

In article , snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net says... :) I need a reliable pest control company. I am losing my mind. Does :) someone know a good source? :) :) :) You might try here...

sure if any of them are that far South, but they may be able to send you to someone they know near Miami who will do you right.

Reply to
Lar