Pendant light to recessed spotlight

My bedroom has a single pendant light fitting and I'd like to change it to a recessed spot. Is this likely to be easy to do?

I've unscrewed the fitting and there seems to be lots of wires coming through a small hole. I think there are 4 red and 2 black and then two which look like earths going to the fitting casing.

If I was being adventurous I'd like to replace it with 3 spots, all turned on by the same light switch. Would I wire them in parallel somehow.

As you can tell I am a complete novice at this

Bitstreams

Why? With a single recessed spot in the centre of the room, you'll end up with a dark room except for a bright pool of light below the spot. Or are you a trekkie perchance, and this is intentional? :-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

because I have side lighting in the room and a low ceiling - I want to replace the hanging light.

Can anyone help with the practical rather than sartorial aspect of the change?

Bitstreams

On 20 Sep 2006 14:03:26 -0700 someone who may be "Bitstreams" wrote this:-

Yes. It has been discussed many times before here. Use a search engine to do some basic research and then ask questions.

Reply to
David Hansen