Paving Slab - Loss of Colour

I've just laid some patio paving slabs of the * Marshall * utility type for a client and after laying them they have lost a great deal of their buff colour and are now nearly white ...... also ones that have not yet been laid after standing out in the rain have also faded considerably ..... The client is now saying that they are not the colour that she saw and ordered and I have to agree . They were laid on a motar bed . A rep from the supplier has viewed them and says that the whiteness is due to efflorescence but I have never experienced slabs to be affected like this before and I have laid quite a few different types including terracotta . I've never bought Marshalls before but have laid cheaper ones from Wickes & other suppliers with no such problem .......

Marshalls say in their brochure that this can occur & it is temporary but I feel that its extent was never made clear as it completely changes the appearance of the patio and not the colour that was chosen etc. I thought that by using a branded product such as Marshalls would be a safeoption and had I known this before I wouldn't have ordered them .

Has anybody here had a previous experience and how long before the original colour is restored ?

TIA for any help

Reply to
topo