Patio doors - Monarch Union 3 point locking system

Unable to open aluminium patio door as upper locking point will not release. The key and lock barrel work OK. Both the lower locking point (hook type) and central mortice lock release OK.

The lock is model L22180. There was obviously a problem with this type as Union ( now operating as Yale) no longer make the connecting rods and the locking bolts.

Short of drilling several holes into the door frame and cutting out a small window to get access, has anyone got any suggestions on how to release the upper hook?

Reply to
Bazza

Try carefully prising with a jemmy. If it's only one lock out of three you might get lucky.

Reply to
harry

Before doing that, I may try to get some gentle heat into the frame with a hot water bottle because there may just be a possibility that it may be more inclined to stick in this cold weather. I'll try this tomorrow.

Reply to
Bazza

A hairdryer?

Reply to