patio door problem

Hello,

I am having a problem with my patio doors sticking when opening or closing.

I have found that the problem is the metal strip screwed to the side of the door is loose at the top. It's something like this:

There are two self tapping screws there but they are loose. Somehow the holes have become too big for the screws. What can I do to secure the top of the strip?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

I wonder why they have become too big, That implies some large amount of force being applied to them, which presumably are just screwed directly into the plastic or aluminium the door is made from. I'd suggest that this needs to be corrected before one attempts to fit bolts washers and nuts here, or it will just go loose again.

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

You can get uPVC repair screws that have deeper threads (possibly at a different pitch?) but I'd find what has been causing strain on them, or the repair won't last long - hopefully it wasn't prospective burglars trying to lever to door off ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Small plastic plugs or tape on the screws?

Reply to
stuart noble