Partly populated consumer unit

Are there blanking plates sold for filling the gaps in partly populated consumer units? Just curious.

Reply to
GB

Yes.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yup. They vary in quality from a kind of dummy MCB, to a strip of plastic with lugs on the ends...

Reply to
John Rumm

What if the case is the new-fangled metal box, are the blanking plates still plastic ?.

Reply to
Andrew

There are some metal ones about as well now, e.g. :

John Rumm

Yes, I have several in my Crabtree ones on my boat.

Reply to
Chris Green

Yes. But the lid over them is made of metal.

Reply to
ARW

and the MCBs are made of plastic

Reply to
charles

When I was fitting a metal Wylex for which both metal and plastic blanks were available, the instructions said you must use the metal blanking plates for the CU to meet the newer non-flammable CU requirements.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel