Panasonic M10 full size VHS camera

was in a local thursday market today and could of had the camera at £25 but I bargained it down to £20. In its original case with PSU and 2 batterys. Was working when I switched it on but I didn't buy it because I could not be bothered going to the hole in the wall to withdraw the cash.

Would you have made the effort to buy this?

Reply to
George

No.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Semi Pro sit on the shoulder job wasn't it? If you're into film making, yes.

Reply to
stuart noble

Do you own a museum? If not, no. You can get digital still cameras that will record better for about £50 or a full HD camera for about £400.

Reply to
dennis

Wondered were this went. Sorry was meant for another NG. ;-)

Reply to
George

Second hand video cameras are a nightmare if the electrolytic capacitors dry out or are "bad caps"

Yeah, I would - but I collect electronic junk anyway :-)

I take a Motorola International 2700 transportable phone along to car boot sales. Folks think I'm a member of the military...

Reply to
Adrian C

I think that's pushing it. I can do 640x480 30 fps on my still camera, but a camcorder it ain't.

Reply to
stuart noble

Er have these then.

George

That is better than an old VHS camcorder is going to do.

Reply to
dennis

Better resolution, but that's not the whole story. Try panning with a still camera.

Reply to
stuart noble

Same solution as a digicam.. tripod or monopod and don't forget to turn the image stabilizer off.

Reply to
dennis

???

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Not much good for shooting the frozen maize scene in "The Shining" though. The OP was presumably interested in film rather than home video or he wouldn't have considered such a huge camera.

Reply to
stuart noble