Painting pebbledash

On Friday, 27 September 2019 12:59:18 UTC+1, R D S wrote:

Next to Kebabish Chippery?

A pale colour (eg the same light blue) may show the difference in textures between the brick and render more. A darker blue all over with the stonework showing lighter gray might look better.
Then you will have a good contrast to light or reflective letter signage.
Personally I'd prefer to take all the render and the signboards off and return the whole wall to original coursed stone, but budget and the underlying condition might not allow that.
Owain
On 27/09/2019 14:18, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

(Went to your inbox sorry...)
I considered having it removed, but exactly, what might lie beneath...
On Friday, 27 September 2019 14:46:55 UTC+1, R D S wrote:

That's okay, that domain expired last century :-)

At least you could re-render in smooth paintable render.
Owain
On 27/09/2019 18:14, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Something else i've considered. I wonder what the cost would be. It might be going up for sale soon....
On 28/09/2019 12:08, R D S wrote:

If you are going to sell it, don't think about the colour scheme you like, but the one least likely to put off the majority of sellers. Indeed, consider whether the majority of sellers would prefer unpainted pebbledash. Perhaps ask the estate agent.
On Friday, 27 September 2019 12:59:18 UTC+1, R D S wrote:

nothing remotely relevant comes up

Except a Google Earth URL that is almost in the right place (look to your right) to see the front of a shop identifiable from the description.
--

Roger Hayter

The name of the business on the blue door on the corner helps, too :-)
--
Graeme

On Saturday, 28 September 2019 08:40:59 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:

doesn't help in the slightest when nothing even vaguely like it comes up.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

You are the only person who seems to be having a problem, and we're all following the same clue.
--
Graeme

On Saturday, 28 September 2019 23:48:57 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/pebbledash
To the left of Kebabish.
Owain
On Sunday, 29 September 2019 11:01:26 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I see it just fine there.
Anyway, black is the worst colour for pebbeledash. It shows dirt terribly & cooks in summer.
NT

Just a thought. Painting may give an ‘attractive’ surface for graffiti in a place youngsters may well gather.
On 28/09/2019 00:26, Roger Hayter wrote:

[sotto voce] Huge is a bit DIM...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

He hasn't been seen here for months (unless my killfile has nabbed him accidentally?)
On 28/09/2019 09:13, Andy Burns wrote:

he has, but he is now in my kill file
--
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.”
On 27/09/2019 12:48, GB wrote:

10 Downing st. That has been painted or stained with some sort of black paint/stain.
You might get a visit from the LA planning dept if anyone objects.
On Friday, 27 September 2019 14:11:10 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

Mmmm, that's the whole terrace though. And the brick was originally yellow, turned black with pollution, returned to yellow when cleaned and was then painted to look black again.
Owain
On 27/09/2019 11:50, R D S wrote:

I've used Sandtex on smooth render and on stucco. Its a tad more hard to paint a rough surface. After 15 years I pressure washed it. Came up luvly. I've repainted some bits that had had a hard time with the exact same color. You can barely see the joins.
https://www.sandtextrade.co.uk/product/sandtex-trade-fine-textured-matt-masonry/
can mix any colour you want.
--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

I wouldn’t, that shows the dirt very badly.