Painting new coving.

I have just put some plaster coving up (the paper covered stuff - like plasterboard) and now I need to paint it. Question is - can I paint directly on with a few coats of emulsion - or do I first need to seal it with a few watered down coats first?

I guess the same question applies to dry-lined walls where you will be paiting directly onto the plasterboard - do you have to use the same prepareation that you use for painting onto new plaster?

Thanks, Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

I've always painted straight onto the coving - never had any issues.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1