Painting a plasterd wall

Just had a wall plastered - what is the best thing to use to seal the wall, so when I paint it, it doesn't just absorb the paint!

Ta!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

We always just paint straight onto the plaster - works well. Usually 2 coats, sometimes three if painting white.

If you want to seal it use PVA diluted with 3-4 parts water.

Reply to
Grunff

Use some of the emulsion that you plan to use for the wall, but thin it by 10-20% with water.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I was advised to to use a very thin coat of emulsion to seal the surface, after we had several rooms replastered. Thin the emulsion down with about 1/3 of water and allow it plenty of time to dry out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Use 1 coat of light coloured emulsion well watered down as a mist coat then just paint your normal 2 coats over. Standard architectural practise

Reply to
Mike Taylor

It is. Though I get a denser result more easily by brushing water on the wall then painting with unthinned emulsion.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton