Painting a new plaster wall

I have just had one of my walls skim plastered after I erected a stud wall. This was last Thursday, the wall looked good and I painted an undercoat yesterday (a cheap trade magnolia with some water added as suggested by the plasterer).

I have just put on a second coat today (paint seemed dry) but on one small area of the wall (about 2x5 inches) when I run the roller over it a small amount of the paint underneath lifts off. I've just spent a good half hour trying to get this painted but have had to give up in the end with this patch still bare plaster.

What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Brian

Plasterer polished it too much and/or you didn't water down enough. Sand that bit and recoat.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi Brian

I am no expert but when I had my kitchen plastered recently, the plasterer told me to water down some PVA bond and paint that on. I did, and my cheap emulsion worked a treat...

Simon

Reply to
Simon Hawthorne