Paint for shed?

Hi Our shed (which i think is made of concrete) is painted white and has a black border at the bottom.

Anyone know the best type of paint to use to re-paint? The paint is matt in finish rather than glossy and I want to match it exactlt

Cheers

Reply to
mo

Personally I would use Sandtex

applied as the manufacturers specification.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

My decorator said 'no, it doesnt last, use Dulux exterior' and we did, and it has.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher,

And what is the reason (or reasons) why your "decorator says no" to the use of Sandtex?

it is my experience that *IF* applied as per manufacturers instructions, Sandtex will certainly last a five-year repaint cycle (which is the norm[and sometimes far longer]).

Admittedly the preparation can be a bitch and rather time consuming, especially if there are cracks and fungus on the walls, but as 'preparation' really is the key to a good finish and longevity on any paint work (and anything else) - then that time must be taken.

So presuming that he uses (or has used) Sandtex does/did your decorator actually take the time to carry out the correct preparation?

And if he did - and had bad results with it - what were the conclusions of the technical report that he would have received after he complained to his suppliers or manufacturer about those results?

BTW, I am simply interested in his reasons (rather than promoting the stuff) as his statement is completely at odds with my own experience of Sandtex products over many years - and on a large number of dwellings.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Indeed. He used to do exteriors for the council. The dulux lasted ten..

Straight onto raw render. No prep. The dulux anyway.

He simply said it outlasted sandtex.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Doesn't really answer my question, but thanks anyway.

Cash

Reply to
Cash