Paint edging kit

I have never used a paint edging kit. Are they any good or should i go back to tape and roller?

TIA

Reply to
pinnerite

I've never even heard of a "paint edging kit". Don't you normally cut in, then roll?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

There are gadgets vaguely like a plasterer's float that you hold in place and paint up to and over, like "temporary tape". The ones I have tried suffer from bleeding.

Reply to
newshound

I use a piece of aluminium sheet. It works very well.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Slats from old venetian blinds work surprisingly well.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Or learn how to cut in - perhaps with an angled brush.

Reply to
alan_m

There some paint pads on a stick/handle advertised as being an easy way of cutting in. When you read the reviews from people that have used them you perhaps realise that the person demonstrating them have had lots of practice and perhps have used a new pad for every video clip.

Reply to
alan_m

I had some paint edgers for shoving into the gap under skirting boards, effectively they were slightly more curvy slats, made out of a plastic that paint peeled off easily.

I lent them out several times, I suspect they never came back the last time.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Aren't they called "a painters George". All the painters (pros) that I know just cut-in and roll.

You haven't lived till you've seen someone cut-in with a 4" brush

Reply to
soup

I have Occasional Tremor so can't do anything freehand.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I've not heard of one either. What does it consist of? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That is interesting, my old grandpa had that slight tremor, ie his servo was hunting a bit, he used a heavier brush which seemed to control it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I have some of those which I bought donkeys years ago. they are made out of white, well cream now, curved plastic, and they do what I want when I do some painting.

Reply to
RobH

Oh, I see. Yes, very nearly useless.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Mind you, some people, I'm told, use masking tape on windows! Dear God!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Having seen one house that had several bad runs down the windows, who can can blame them if they do.

Reply to
Animal

Loads of people. Because it's a crap, time-consuming tchnique that tends not give a good edge, and any splashed or runs are very easily removed anyway.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Try one and let us know, the missus and myself did an almost equally shocking job of cutting ion when we decorated.

Reply to
R D S

It's easy to get dried paint off glass soon after painting. I can be harder to remove the hardened glue from the masking tpe if left on for too long :)

Reply to
alan_m

I can remember seeing these everywhere at one time. Never something I ever bought myself though.

The above is the only information on Google. So whether they went out of business in the 1970's or just last year, dunno.

bb

Reply to
billy bookcase