paint brush cleaner and renovator?

Many years ago I bought a big tin of Dulux Paint Brush Cleaner and Renovator. Lovely stuff - fairly viscous and non-volatile liquid. You could leave brushes in it for ages then just wash out the paint with water and a drop of washing-up liquid. Would dissolve old paint out of brushes too, if not too dry.

I emptied the tin and went to my local Dulux Centre for more only to find it seems not to exist now - the stuff they sold me is pretty poor by comparison. Google search also comes up with nothing.

Anyone remember this stuff and can recommend an equivalent?

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Its not an equivalent but I use one of these

literally shakes all the paint off and makes the brush like new.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Norman Billingham" saying something like:

Biodiesel. Seriously.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I used to use nothing else; brilliant stuff! They changed the name to "Dulite". and then made it unavailable. I now use a "Paintsafe" brush store.

Reply to
Limey Lurker