Oven not heating

I put my electric oven on to pre-heat and returned to find the fuse to the kitchen appliances tripped. After flicking the switch on the box, my oven will not heat beyond 160°C with the fan on and 200°C in conventional mode. Before I get someone in to repair it can anyone suggest might be the problem?

Many Thanks.

Reply to
Endulini

I expect you need a new element. the insulation is possibly breaking down above certain temperatures.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I don't know about your oven in particular but many similar appliances (eg. tumber driers) have two elements. If one dies the effect is that the other is going flat out but still can only reach a lesser temperature. Googling for the model number or asking here with more specific information may get you further. The element is often very simple to replace.

Reply to
Calvin