Outdoor light or not?

Does this count as an outdoor light needing its own circuit, or can it be on the same circuit as the indoor lights?

It's a loo that's built onto the house but is only accessible by walking outdoors. It has no heating.

Reply to
Nick Cat

There is no absolute requirement that an outdoor light would need it's own circuit anyway[1], so yes it can be on the same circuit as the indoor lights (and it would also be logical that it shares a circuit with other lights on the same floor)

[1] Outside circuits might be more prone to failure due to moisture ingress or physical damage - so there can be a good argument to put them on separate circuits to minimise the effects on other parts of the installation should they cause a trip - but its not a requirement, just a design practice.
Reply to
John Rumm

Double pole switches for outside lights are also useful as you can switch the live and neutral.

I am not talking about clunky 20A ones but ones that look like a lightswitch (or modular light switches). Everyone knows I like Scolmore/CLICK for such things.

Of course "having it's own circuit" really should say "having it's own RCBO" as there is nothing to be gained by sharing a RCD with other circuits.

Reply to
ARW

Indeed, or in my case, all my outside stuff has its own complete CU.

Reply to
John Rumm