OT:YouTube "casting"

WE occasionally watch YouTube videos on our SmartTV, via it's app.

I recently investigated the pair TV with smartphone (on my case tablet) app feature. Very impressed - nice to be able to control via smartphone than clunky remote control.

However, it left me wondering how exactly it works. Is the tablet now streaming the video to the TV. Or is the TV still getting it's video feed from it's internet connection which is also sending the control commands from the tablet.

And is there any difference anyway :) ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Is it an Android TV? AIUI they have the equivalent of a chromecast built-in.

The chromecast method is the tablet tells the TV what to stream, rather than the tablet doing the streaming

Means you can turn the tablet off, or have its battery go flat without interrupting what you're watching on TV

Reply to
Andy Burns

No, LG (3 years old)

Ah !

Good point :) I guess I could have tested this myself :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk