OT: You couldnt't make it up.

10 million would in fact be very relaxing.

as it was at the beginning of the 19th century. Jane Austen's England had less than 12 million inhabitants.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But what is the density for the more populous parts of England?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Tower Hamlets 5 people per bed

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

and Princess Di

Reply to
alan_m

I get my news from Google News, branching off with searches for particular subjects if interested, or even searching for (whatever) by a simple online search, giving time brackets. I cannot think of a good UK "newspaper", not one. They all twist the truth, or even lie, for their own political ends or the nature of their readers. The "Daily Express" is very similar to the "Independent" (which isn't), but their readership is diametrically opposed. For a laugh, have a look at similar reports in each organ, the details given, and the reader comments.

We can get news from anywhere that's got an online presence now, local and first-hand is often good, and test what we read there in online official publications. Doing so exposes the nature of our "newspapers" and media outlets, and the reason for many people's general lack of factual knowledge.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You could look at the Times. Their Comment articles constributors come from across the spectrum.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well its clear that Daves problem with te DE is that he thinks that he would be taken in by it if he read it, as he imagines its readers get taken in by it.

OTOH the favourite thing we read at Uni was - apart from Viz - the Beano.

We didn't consider it a true reflection of life. Any more than the DE is. Its a comic. read it. enjoy it, and never believe a word of it unless you can find independent confirmation. Dave probably reads the guardian and believes that its true.

Bless!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher