OT - wrapping in Dialog

For about 3 days now some posts have not been wrapped but go to about 3 times the length of the window. I can't find a setting in Dialog that will wrap other peoples' post at 72 or

76, so has something gone wrong here or is it the others?
Reply to
PeterC

So far as I know although some news/mail clients post messages with lines already divided up into fixed short lengths, by no means all of them do that.

Some take the view that lines can be posted long (at least up to whatever maximum line length the news/mail transport itself can cope with) and the recipient's viewer will wrap them the way the recipient wants to see them. Some people prefer this as it means that a viewer can dynamically change the length of viewed lines as a viewer window is dragged to different widths.

What is "Dialog"?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

In Thunderbird, you have the option if using Ctrl+R to force rewrap when replying.

Reply to
polygonum

The problem lies with others who don't know how to set line lengths. usually its folks who are relatively new to Usenet and/or post via Google or forums.

The users of dedicated newsreaders like thine and mine seem to be on the decline with many using all in one mail and news clients..

Its many years since I used Dialog but I don't recall such a setting.

A useless post but one I felt the need to send .

David

Reply to
David P

40tude Dialog. A newsreader and e-mail client.
Reply to
PeterC

I use T'bird for mail and Ctrl+R replies; in Dialog it shows the headers.

Reply to
PeterC

Well said!

Reply to