OT: World Pay Zinc

I'm just about to buy one of these. I know there are discount codes knocking about, anyone know a current one?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

SF?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Free carry case at John Lewis

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Not as good as the Zinc, but thanks.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What's the difference then?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Settlement time at a glance, izettle 5-7 days from a Euro bank. Zinc 2-3 days from U.K. bank.

Paypal here is attractive for instant availabilty of cash but terminal is expensive and stories of having your whole paypal account locked at slightest problem with customers card.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Try encouraging customers to use BACS.

Reply to
Richard

Wifey has one for her business - but is a bit irritated by them as they've put their prices up. The phone app. sees to crash regularly too. I think she got hers from John Lewis, but doesn't know of any discount codes (mostly because she's quite pissed off with them for putting the prices up)

(And to answer someone elses question abour BACS - when you go to someone, sell them something, you expect the money there and then - with BACS, unless you sit in-front of them at their PC while they make the transaction, all you have as a promise...)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

That was me. Well, trust works both ways. Until whatever service has been provided has passed the test of time, all the customer has is a promise... I would not pay someone I didn't trust using BACS. I have, however paid for major works using this system. The first time took a bit of persuasion, but when the builder realised that the payment was instant he was more than happy. With an upper limit of £10000 per day, any payments over that amount were made over consecutive days. My mobile mechanic is happy with payments that way too, and there are more businesses and individuals who I pay that way. Cuts their costs a bit and gets the money into their account in the fastest possible way.

Reply to
Richard

I use BACS a lot, I've even had some business cards printed up with my bank details on. Never been let down, although one or two have forgotten.

I want a machine so I can take credit cards for decks & awnings - to increase business.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We pay a lot of stuff by BACS.

Reply to