OT Winter fuel allowance.

In message , Tim Streater writes

Write a cheque payable to HM Treasury and send it to No 11.

Reply to
hugh

I imagine if you sent a cheque to 11 Downing Street ...

Reply to
Huge

The method of receipt has nothing to do with the method of return.

Reply to
hugh

You make your own personal decision - and stop trying to tell others what to do.

Reply to
hugh

No, dont give it back to the bloody government i give my wfp to a local hospice, and my state pension.

-
Reply to
Mark

link, thank you.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

If Gordon mac Shite-Features was Chancellor he'd assume his winter fuel allowance had come and chuck it on the stove.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Christ, are you trying to give TNP a stroke?

Reply to
grimly4

I was expecting a letter but the payment was in my account on 23/11 with no notification - and £50 short of last year. Still, it's half my energy costs or nearly 100 Wetherspoons beer tokens so I'm grateful :-)

Reply to
PeterC

Yes we know. Someone suggested that it should be. Do pay attention. Each *household* receives it (£200) payable on reaching state retirement age for women. IIRC it's £300 if one member of the household is 80+

Reply to
hugh

My letter arrived today although the money arrived in my bank last week.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

+1
Reply to
Frank Erskine

would take money from the taxpayer in such an underhand manner when you don't need it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's not actually inconsistent with my statement. The letter says something to the effect that payment will be made within the next n weeks but I don't bother checking to see when mine arrives so for all I know I might be treated similarly.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Gak! Spluttuer! You owe me a new keyboard!

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

FIT.