OT - Which ?

It's the other way around.

Reply to
Mark

Understeer, let off the throttle (but not sharply enough to provoke lift-off oversteer), weight on the front wheels, steer a little harder in a very obvious manner.

'course when you run out of lock, you're in trouble. But lots can be caught before then.

(my worst experience with this was in a heavily laden luton transit. Come to the corner, steer, nothing happened. Braked a little, weight shifted forwards, steering started to work and we made it round the corner.)

Reply to
Clive George

Maybe it's the FWD cars I have driven. They can suddenly lose grip totally at the front and then it's too late.

OTOH with RWD a little opposite lock sorted things out.

Reply to
Mark

My wife's MX5 is very easy to control when the back steps out.

When younger I managed to spin a Triumph Spitfire and a half race Hillman Imp a couple of times.

An 1100 refused to take a corner at all once

Surprisingly without lifting a Ford Focus stepped out quite violently at the back. 4 up and a long bend tightened unexpectedly.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Thats usually only so in aquaplaning or ice conditions.

Unless you also lose the front..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's pretty well accepted understeer is safer. Which is why all mundane cars do to a greater or lesser extent. At worst you plough straight on, so just lifting off the power will scrub the speed down and regain the line. With ultimate oversteer, you can end up spinning.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps they have a Killfile for the likes of Drivel,Dennis,Swe......

;(

-
Reply to
Mark

IIRC it was probably things mud and diesel. I wouldn't have been pushing so hard in icy or very wet conditions

Maybe I was just lucky ;-)

Reply to
Mark