OT: Where we are with batteries

Since we were talking about battery storage recently, this from Matt Ridley on where we are with batteries. His Blog on the subject is here:

Reply to
Tim Streater

He echoes much of what was said here, that batteries will never have the capacity to be useful on a national scale at anything like reasonable expense.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Hopefully that will stop the blatherers coming up with this "wonderful new idea" every few months.

Reply to
Tim Streater

As long as there is a harry born every minute, people will come up with attractive lies to seduce them.

Education and the BBC was supposed to fix that, till Blairism decreed they should be the chief medium for their propagation....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I really wouldn't bank on it. Generally speaking "Greens" can't do arithmetic.

Reply to
Huge